Juliana Mary

The Impact of Aesthetics on Your Business Success

Marketing

We’re all familiar with the term “aesthetic”…as in, “it’s aesthetically pleasing” or “I have a minimal aesthetic”…but what impact does aesthetics have on your business?

Turns out, a big one.

Studies show 85 percent of buying decisions are based on feeling, not thinking.

How a product makes you feel determines if you will buy that product 85% of the time (though ironically, most entrepreneurs and businesses focus their efforts on the other 15% of a buying decision trying to convince potential buyers of the features and functions of their products).

Where does “the feeling” come from?

How we feel about a product is primarily derived by the aesthetics of the business.

If you’re unfamiliar with the term, aesthetics is “the pleasure we – i.e., all humans – derive from perceiving an object or experience through our senses” (Aesthetic Intelligence, Pauline Brown). In other words, it’s the stuff you personally consider beautiful, the things that make you happy to look at, touch, fell, and smell.

As the world becomes smaller and the market more saturated, finding your competitive edge becomes increasingly important in order to have a thriving, successful business. I argue that your differentiator, your special sauce, the thing that will set you apart from everyone else is your aesthetic, and moreover, by incorporating your aesthetic throughout your brand and products you will see

  • more demand for your products,
  • stronger loyalty from your customers, and
  • the freedom to charge a premium for your products and services

all of which will not be based on the function of your products (though of course they need to do what they are made for), but on their form and the delight your customers experience when interacting and buying from you.

The power of aesthetics and crafting an “aesthetic business” is of the upmost importance if you wish to grow a business that enjoys long-term success.

Have you examined the aesthetics of your business? What feelings are you conveying to your audience?

read & Leave a comment

Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recently on the blog

Ready to Go Viral?

a sneak peek at the pin statistics of a six-figure stationer who increased her pin clicks by 7000% and how you can get the same amazing results

how to evaluate your imagery so you can confidently put your best foot forward & attract your dream clients

3 stunning before & after styling transformations

the decision to buy (or not!) happens in 10 seconds or less.
your imagery should showcasE your work, grow your audience, and attract your dream clients

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FOUND OR FORGOTTEN? GOOD STYLING.

Inside this Free Guide,
You'll Discover...

We do not share your email and don't worry, you can unsubscribe at any time :)

join for studio updates, insider info, and tips to live your best creative life 

Subscribe

You're officially on the list and in like Flynn! See you on the inside!

Welcome to the Club