The World's Best (Healthyish) Chocolate Pudding
I have an unhealthy obsession with this healthyish avocado chocolate pudding. Some of you may be saying to yourself, "Avocado what now? That doesn't belong in pudding!" But let me tell you my friends, it surely does! This recipe is so perfectly chocolatey, sweet, and smooth you won't want to ever go back to the original AND you can feel good about eating it because a bunch of studies just came out about the health benefits of cocoa powder and avocados. You're welcome.
You can certainly half this recipe to make less pudding, but let's be honest, why would you want to? We get 4 good sized portions out of this, but if you're being dainty or have any self control it could easily be stretched to 6 servings.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (you may also substitute agave or honey, or a combination)
- 1 heaping tablespoon smooth peanut butter (may be omitted for those with nut allergies or substitute almond butter for those with peanut allergies)
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite milk (cow, almond, or otherwise)
- Coarse sea salt
- In a blender or food processor, combine avocados, cocoa powder, maple syrup, peanut butter, and milk. Blend on high.
- Periodically scrape down the sides to make sure it is well incorporated. Blend until smooth. (If the pudding seems to thick, add a splash more milk. Caution not to add too much or your pudding will be too thin)
- Top with a little coarse sea salt, raspberries, or other fruit or nuts of your choosing
This recipe was adapted from Oh She Glows.